I woke up pretty early this morning, despite having the whole day to sleep in. I got up, went to do laundry, pay my bills and cleaned the house. There's a showing of my apartment tomorrow so I made sure it was extra spic and span for the walk-through.

Surprisingly, I wasn't very sore today or at least not nearly as much as I thought I'd be. Because I had a lot of energy, I decided to go for a run. Just as Ben and I were getting ready to run outside a storm made it's way into the area, so we ran on the track indoors instead. We had a good run and I feel like I'm getting my breathing down better every day. Two breaths in, two breaths out, and two steps between each set of breaths. I also ordered a new pair of running shoes online today. The ones I currently have are losing the padding in the back of the heel area. Our instructors warned us not to wear new shoes just on the day of our test, so as soon as I get my new shoes, I'm going to run in them every day to get used to them. The new shoes are Nike Free Run-supposedly they make it feel like you're running barefoot and it conforms to your foot or something like that. If I don't like them I can return them but hopefully I won't have to send them back.

As Ben and I ran the track today we noticed the setup for the NFC MMA. Basically it's an ameateur version of MMA (Mixed Martial Arts). I remembered that someone told me our PT instructor would be fighting so I called the school to get more information and it turned out that tickets were free to the first 200 students. The only drawback (or so we thought) was that the tickets were for standing room only on the track above the 'cage' where the participants fight. Well a few of us went extra early and just sat on the track until the first fight. It actually turned out that we had the best seats in the house. People were actually offering us money for our spots. We declined and had a very fun night watching differnt weight classes go head to head. Our PT instructor won! Congrats James! He had a rough time in the beginning, but finally in the third and last round he managed to get his opponent into a guillotine choke and the guy by was taken down by tap out. I took a lot of good pictures and will post shortly. I think my PT instructor also broke his opponent's hand when he kicked it. Again, you'll have to see the pictures. They are awesome.

Tomorrow a bunch of us are going hiking. Some of us are doing a six mile hike, the rest will do the whole loop at 12 miles. We'll see how I feel after the first six, I might just call it quits early. I'll bring along the camera too for some good pics. I've already got my bag packed and ready to go with all kinds of goodies-flashlight, food, water, emergency kit, extra clothes, etc. You know, just in case.

Look for pictures tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Free Website templatesFree Flash TemplatesFree joomla templatesSEO Web Design AgencyMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themes Templatesfreethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree Web Templates