Today was a DT day and it wasn't half bad. We didn't have to run the usual mile and a half before class or after lunch because the instructors didn't want us getting all sweaty. We worked on ground fighting today and it would have been 10x harder to fight your opponent when they're dripping with sweat. There was a couple of times when we had to do inchworms (except we did pushups in between ours) and planks because someone in the class did something wrong. It wasn't pleasant.

On the other hand, I learned a lot today. I learned how to take someone down when I'm on the ground and they are standing or when we are both on the ground, and even learned some MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) positions like full guard, half guard and side guard.

We ended up doing a lot of take downs and threw each other around a lot. We were basically on our hands and knees or backs all day. My knees and legs have a lot of bruises, are pretty swollen and are very sore.





I also ended up with a knee to the face, I bit my own lip pretty hard when someone tried to take me down and a slightly bloody nose. All is well though. I'm still standing!





Oh and Josh thought it would be funny to test his weight versus mine today so he sat on me, and no offense to Josh, but he's a big guy. Then the instructor sat on top of Josh, on top of me. I had two pretty big guys sitting on me and it was not fun. I'm sure I'll feel it in the ribs a little more tomorrow. :)

After class today I was starving. I had a ton of food to eat throughout the day, but I guess it wasn't enough so a couple of the guys were going to get wings and I decided to join them. By the time I showered the guys were ready to go and they changed their minds. Now about half the class was going to dinner and we all decided on the Millstone BBQ. One of our classmates works as a chef there so we decided that's where we were going for dinner. It was really good and I ate A LOT. For the first time since I was sick, I ate my weight's worth in food. I don't know why I was so hungry, but the waiter brought out mini cornbread muffins and I think I had about 10 of those, and when I say mini, I mean like two or three bites. Then I had some of Josh's fried onion things, thanks for sharing Josh. Then I ordered fried pickles for an appetizer and also shared Ben's potato skins. THEN, I finally got my meal and ate it all. The meal alone consisted of a half rack of ribs, a half chicken, mashed potatoes and this green bean soup thing. Everything was delicious and the ribs were falling off the bone.

Now I'm resting up for tomorrow when I will debate whether or not I want to go for a run. I think it will all depend on how my knees feel. We shall see. One more week down-about six more to go!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Free Website templatesFree Flash TemplatesFree joomla templatesSEO Web Design AgencyMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themes Templatesfreethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree Web Templates