I ran radar in class today. It was fun. :) We had a stretch of road by the school where the speed limit was 35. There were about two cars that were actually at or below the speed limit, probably because they know cops sit in that area. The rest were all very well above the speed limit (usually about 11 over). If we were actually pulling people over today, there would be a lot of tickets handed out, but fortunately for these people, we were just learning how to use the equipment. We each had to guess the speed of 40 cars and compare it to the radar. I did pretty well and passed the course. We had a couple of Nelsonville cops pass us today and they were going 61 and 63 in a 35. That's one way to abuse power.
So I ran after class again today and actually made time! I need to run 1.5 miles in 14 minutes and 16 seconds to pass my physical test in May. Today I ran it in 14 minutes and three seconds. Go me! Now if I keep this up, I should be in great shape for May.
Tomorrow is April 1st, and also April Fool's Day for those who didn't remember. We have a long day with both PT and DT. I'm just hoping the instructors won't notice the fact that it's April Fool's Day or we could be in some big trouble. I can just see them saying "OK, go run five miles." And then saying, "Oh, April Fool's!" but only after we've done it. On the other hand, we are supposed to be learning ground fighting, so that should be fun, provided that nothing in my body breaks.
So the weekend was supposed to warm up to about the upper 60s and now they are calling for 50 for the high and rain. I am so I'm looking forward to running outside when it gets nice. Until then I'm staying indoors. I'm not running after class tomorrow as we have nine hours of physical activity. I think that's enough for one day, and then some. I heard on the news today that Maine is getting a Nor'easter and it looks like they are getting 10-15 inches of snow in the next day or so. Stay safe Grampy and Gail! Make the kids from the school come over and shovel you out! :) Lots of love to everyone. I can't wait to see everyone again!!!
Oh and P.S.-I'm really excited for this show to come out.
Labels:
April Fool's,
Nor'easter,
Running
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment