OK so yesterday I mentioned we had a few tests that I passed. They were pretty simple. We had to shoot the target from about three feet away, from the hip. I basically blew my target to smithereens! I think the next one was six shots from the 15 foot line. After shooting from the 50 that was pretty easy. We were also supposed to get out at 1200 (noon) yesterday and did not. That was unfortunate, but what can I say, I definitely needed the practice. I think I'm doing quite well considering I've only shot a gun once before in my life.

Today was another story. I knew it was going to be a rough day because the weather channel predicted heavy rain all day. For once, they were actually right. When I arrived at the range at 0730 (7:30 a.m.), I and several other classmates found that the tarp we set up 'tent' style had completely been caved in on one side with a ton of water. It took several people to lift, bail and push water out of the tarp. Once we got the tarp staked down correctly, the 'tent' was good for the rest of the day. I can't say the same for my jacket. Sure it kept me semi-dry but I could have used some Gore-Tex or some other miracle dry-proof clothes.

We shot a bunch of different things today, half of them I can't even remember. I did really good on the 50 foot test but not so much on the cover. Basically, for the 50 foot test, we had to shoot six shots in 18 seconds. You had to get five out of the six to pass. I actually did awesome and passed with six out of six. The second test got my adrenaline going. We had to run from the 50 foot line to the 20 foot line, get behind cover, shoot two shots from behind cover, then kneel and shoot two more on a second target. Then we had to do this with the left hand. Yes, I said left hand. You had to get a seven out of eight to pass and I got a six, but I have a re-test on Friday. I know what I did wrong. I was rushing myself when I had plenty of time. I just need to slow down and better aim at the targets. I'll get it next time.

After class we all headed over to the Rap house for dinner. Katherine made an awesome soup. Apparently the recipe was similar to one from the Olive Garden. Thanks Katherine! I didn't stay long afterwards as we are all dead beat tired and I just found out that we have two 12 hour days, not 10 hour days. That's great. It's going to be a long two days so wish me luck!

As Alan Jackson would say, "Work, work all week long. Punchin’ that clock from dusk till dawn. Countin’ the days till Friday night, that’s when all the conditions are right. For a good time, I need a Good Time." :)

P.S.-Another adorable picture of my nephew. He's the cutest thing in the whole world!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Free Website templatesFree Flash TemplatesFree joomla templatesSEO Web Design AgencyMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themes Templatesfreethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree Web Templates