First things first, I didn't post much this weekend but for the remainder of it I basically just laid around all Saturday and Sunday I did all of my weekly household chores. Boring.
Anyway, today was a really long day. Half of our class is making up for the four days we had off earlier in the semester. While it was great to have four days off, it sucks making up for it now. We had class scheduled from 0800 until 1700 (8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.) like normal. Well, half of our class also had to tack on four additional hours both today and tomorrow from 1730 until 2130 (5:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m.). I had half an hour in between for dinner. Luckily I planned ahead. We also had PT this morning, but I skipped it because I knew I had two really long days in a row. Well, it turns out my alarm didn't go off until 0720 anyway and one of the guys (the class idiot) just so happened to throw up ON the track this morning. I'm really glad I wasn't there because first I would have yelled at him, then I would have thrown up myself. Yeah, really glad I wasn't there.
OK so class was extremely boring today. I almost, ALMOST dozed off. I felt my head getting heavier and heavier after lunch and all it took was one nod towards the table and I was wide awake. I hate the feeling of falling asleep in class. I've never managed to actually do it and I'm glad I haven't because I think it's really disrespectful to the instructor. There was just something about today...I don't think I got a lot of sleep last night.
After our first class, myself and ten other classmates headed over to the EMS building where we learned all about adult CPR and AED, as if I haven't done this a thousand times in my life. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter if you are already certified, you have to do it for the class anyway. Well, there's a catch. The instructors of this course like to mess around and try to get our blue guns while we're doing CPR. Well of course they got mine 'cause everybody's gotta pick on the girl! No, really it was fun and I'm glad we did it because it shows us how to focus both on keeping ourselves safe and the victim while working on them. And once the class got into it, we tackled the instructors like our lives depended on it. I put my knee in the back of my instructor's calf, a classmate kneed the same instructor in the leg a few times, and a third classmate used a different pressure point technique on the second instructor. They said they've never had to work so hard for a gun before, so DT must be doing something for us!
Like I said before, unfortunately I have the same setup tomorrow and I'm getting up early to get my uniform all squared away and get lunch and dinner ready. Then Wednesday I have a PT assessment and Thursday I'm heading home to Aberdeen right after class. I'm really excited to see everyone and I can't wait for this week to be over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment