OK so today started off boring again, as usual this week, but after a few hours of sitting in class and taking notes, we finally got to play outside. We used seven of our personal vehicles to fake crashes in one of the parking lots. My car was used for a scenario where a deer jumped out in front of me, I swerved to avoid hitting it, and ended up hitting a tree. Of course none of this really happened. In actuality, I parked my car next to a pole and pretended it was a tree. There were three other scenarios and we had to take measurements, drawings and information on all four, total. It was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be. Granted, it's still a lot of paperwork, but I thought it would be harder to figure out the measurements and it wasn't. Yay! Anytime something is easier than it needs to be, I'm happy. We also wrote fake traffic tickets for each crash scenario. My ticket was for failure to control and I could be wrong, but I think the ORC (Ohio Revsied Code) is 4911.43(A).

Tomorrow should be a really good day. Not only do we go in an hour late, but we also get out an hour early! And it's not a PT Day! Wahoo! So tomorrow is our last 'class' day of the week and it should be outside beacuse we are learning about riot control. :) Friday is DT and I'm hoping to be up and ready to go by then. I did a little bit of cardio this morning during PT and my leg wasn't as bad as yesterday. I'm keeping the heat on and stretching very often. Oh and we are learning about baton tactics on Friday so that should be fun too.

Next week is shotgun week and I forgot what the following week is, but I know that I have two 14.5 hour days. Yup, you read it right. Since my half of the class had a four day weekend one week, we had to make up the First Aid/CPR sections at some point, so they stuck those hours onto the end of two-eight hour days. Not fun. Especially when I'm already certified in both, but apparently we have to re-certify for the program's requirements. Oh well.

I received a call today from the Portland PD. I called yesterday and left a message regarding my resume and application. I hadn't heard anything back in a couple of weeks. The lady that called me said she had sent an e-mail in early March. Unfortunately is was probably stuck in my spam box which I don't even check, and I must have deleted it. Either way, they have my application on file, but they aren't sure when they are going to start hiring so I will just have to wait to hear back. In the meantime, I'm putting in plenty more applications. Wish me luck!

Oh! Before I forget-two more things. First, the weather was beautiful today. It took a while to warm up but it finally made it up to about 70 degrees. Tomorrow will be the same. Second, yesterday in class this kid Josh and I were having little spats back and forth with each other, just playing around. He threw popcorn (a whole bag) all over my desk, salt and all. So what did I do? Put it back on his desk, naturally. Then when I wasn't looking he decided to put the whole mess in my bag. I though of my options, and realized that it was his side of the room's turn to clean the classroom, so I dumped my bag upside down on the floor, picked up all of my belongings, and then smeared the popcorn around a bit with my foot. I guess he didn't like that because he came to my house last night and COVERED my car with shaving cream. It took two car washes to get most of it off. That's OK though, because I don't get mad, I get even. You better watch your back Josh because boy do I have plans for you!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Free Website templatesFree Flash TemplatesFree joomla templatesSEO Web Design AgencyMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themes Templatesfreethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree Web Templates