Today wasn't so bad. It started with PT and I was shocked to step outside and find it to be at least 40 degrees at 0500 (5:00 a.m.). It was a great surprise that I didn't have to slam myself into my car door several times to get it open. I love surprises! And I was playing Black Eyed Peas this morning so I was extra awake. :)
We received another book in class today. It's about an inch and a half thick and it's just on driving. I haven't cracked it open yet because I don't want to jump ahead so I'm not sure if it's just techniques or actual offenses too. Class was interesting again today as we applied real world scenarios to common law. This instructor is great. Anytime he wants to get our attention or wake us up real quick, he just starts yelling. It's funny because we never know if he's serious or not and usually he's not. The first day he taught our class, the Commander of the program came in the class and everyone kept yacking away. I of course knew the drill and knew to shut my mouth when a superior officer enters the room. Basically the class got yelled at for not respecting our Commander in Chief. I bet they'll never let that situation happen again. We're pretty good as a whole that if we mess up, we're really quick to learn. Especially when you have 'motivation' (i.e. punishment) every time you screw up.
Even though we're only a few weeks into the program, I've been taking notes. When an instructor mentions a book that we should read, I write it down. Most of them seem pretty interesting and although I'm not a big book reader, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a copy of these...
**Onion Field
*On Killing
Profiles in Courage
South with Endurance
Almost a Miracle
Miracle at Philadelphia
*Memoir of a Revolutionary Soldier
**Among Grizzlies: Living with Wild Bears in Alaska
Columbine
**Night of the Grizzlies
The temperature has dropped significantly since this morning and it has been snowing pretty much all day, but luckily nothing is sticking. Tomorrow is a high of 28 and Friday we are swimming for PT. The good news is I like swimming. The bad news is 1)I'm not sure how heated the pool is 2)I'm the only girl in the class and I don't want to be gawked at the whole time 3)Most importantly-I don't even know if I have my bathing suit here with me. It might still be in Maryland. Now let's see-where can I get a bathing suit in the middle of winter, in the middle of nowhere? Good question!
Labels:
books,
common law,
swim
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wal-mart duh! they have everything
No, no they do not. You would think that they do, but they do not. MIDDLE OF WINTER-MIDDLE OF NOWHERE. :p
Post a Comment