



Our instructor mentioned this hike a couple of days ago and said it was going to be a very nice hike if any students wanted to go. Best of all-the event was free! I met Matt at his house at about 7:30 and we hit the road. We went up to Hocking Hills which is a very windy road about a half hour away. It’s a beautiful place with lots to see. The hike didn’t start until 9:00 but by the time we got there the line was already very long. From what I heard, last year was the biggest year for this event and I believe they surpassed that this year. The hike was a little over six miles and up and down through the mountains. And when I say up and down, I mean completely up the hill via stairs and back down again. The trail was very well marked and I enjoyed the challenge. I did think that the event should have been better promoted in terms of what to expect. I’m sure some of the elderly folks didn’t appreciate climbing up hill for three miles. At the midway point, the park had a nice setup with free bean soup, cornbread and hot chocolate. I thought it was a great little event and wait until you see the pictures! (More pics on Facebook if anyone wants to view a bunch of them). Of course my legs are killing me, but this was great exercise and I would have done it again in a heartbeat!
About Me
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(109)
-
▼
January
(29)
- My Achy Breaky Back
- Sore
- Comments
- OMG
- More Stories
- Ugg
- Another One
- Such a Long Day
- Nothin' New
- Good Times
- Class Cancelled
- More Snow
- Wow
- Nada
- Movies
- Internet!
- Laundry Day
- Hocking Hills Winter Hike 2011
- PT Test
- Late Start
- ID Card
- 1/11/11
- Big Breakfast
- Day 5: -2 Degrees
- Day 4: Hulu
- Day 3: Friday
- Day 2: Settling In
- Day 1: Moving Day
- SLETP: An Introduction
-
▼
January
(29)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment